Matrix Design Group, Inc. (Matrix), a multi-disciplinary planning, engineering, and environmental consulting firm is looking for an entry-level Civil Engineer to join our Colorado Springs office. The successful candidate will be proactive, a quick learner, and technologically savvy.
Matrix offers an opportunity to grow your career with a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm. Our benefits package includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), generous health insurance benefits, life and disability insurance, a 401k program, training and education opportunities, and additional health and wellness initiatives.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Performs assignments designed to develop professional knowledge and abilities, requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work and in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Assists in the preparation of improvement plans, specifications, supporting documents and permit applications.
- Assists in the preparation of design calculations in areas such as transportation, structures, stormwater, wastewater, water system, cost estimates and other supporting documentation for public and private projects.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals.
- Performs drafting and design using various software programs, primarily AutoCad Civil 3D.
All interested applicants will need to complete the online application and submit it along with a cover letter and resume.
We apologize that we are unable to contact all applicants; please note that only applicants who meet the qualifications and are being considered for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Matrix Design Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.