1. Provides direction and training for junior and intermediate geotechnical engineering staff.
2. Prepares technical proposals and complex geotechnical engineering reports.
3. Develops and maintains existing client relationships.
4. Participates in business development activities to grow the business.
5. Directs and mentors less experienced staff in completing field assignments that includes observation of explorations (soil and rock borings, test pits, pressure meter, geophysical testing), geotechnical instrumentation and monitoring, and inspection of earth retaining structures, deep foundations (drilled shafts, driven piles), and shallow foundations.
6. Performs geotechnical analysis of foundations, earth retaining structures, ground improvements, embankments and cut slopes, using industry standard methodologies.
7. Analyzes laboratory testing results and selects geotechnical design parameters.
8. Develops and maintain project budgets and schedules.