First Quality Enterprises, Inc. (FQE), founded in 1988, is a global multi-billion dollar privately held company with over 4,200 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. FQE is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. FQE focuses on private label and branded product lines.
Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, FQE is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Quality Engineer for our First Quality Baby Products, manufacturing facility located in Lewistown, PA.
This position ensures that products are designed, procured and build in accordance with customer and industry quality requirements. Provide leadership for new systems development, implementation, procedures, and any related quality activity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understands and performs quality testing according to approved procedures.
- Ensures that statistical methods are applied to testing, validation, sampling, inspection activities, and quality investigations.
- Regularly reviews quality data to identify opportunities for corrective and preventative action.
- Participates in and leads teams in quality system improvement, new product development, cost savings, and other quality initiatives.
- Coordinates the resolution of customer complaints/non-conformance issues.
- Participates in internal and customer audits of the quality system.
- Oversees proper use and control of the QA Department quality records.
- Devises or revises procedures related to the Quality Management System.
- Reports significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Performs lab tours and provides Quality System explanations to visitors.
- Acts as primary QA contact in supplier assessment and raw material qualification activities.