| Senior Mechanical Leader Join this prestigious, well-established contractor (based in the Southwestern US) as a Senior Mechanical Leader, with responsibility for 4 groups totaling over 350+ people. The groups include: Analysis and Test, Materials and Process , Energetics and Propulsion, Data and Product Integrity. This high-level position requires experience managing large groups (100+), and a proven track record in improving capability of organizations. Your objectives will include: |
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE: Education: Required: B.S./B.A. Degree: Preferably in , Science, Math, Physics, or related degree. Desired: M.S. or Ph.D. in Mechanical or related degree. Security : Must currently have a issued Secret with ability to obtain a higher level .
- Organizational Development: Develop a cohesive, high performance organization including creating a capabilities road map to close organizational gaps. Be the Champion of an evolving “culture” of the department, to a new more productive and efficient point of view.
- Strategic Initiatives: Working with functional leaders in Programs, , Operations, and Supply Chain, help drive success on current strategic initiatives for hiring, communication, design improvements, proposal improvements, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Business Development Capture: Lead improvements to the proposal process. Identify critical gaps in the mechanical artifacts included in proposals, and improve costing accuracy.
- Team Execution and Process Improvement: Ensure successful execution of programs. Support Advanced Solutions (R&D). Resolve programmatic and issues. Support all program and business management reviews.
- Cross-Function Interface: Actively engage in cross business activities and be influential in collaborating with peers across the functions and other divisions.
- Customer Interface: Increase contact with customers, map the ideal relationships, and drive execution of direct customer contact both personally, and by guiding superiors’ and subordinates’ participation.
Experience, knowledge and skills:
If you are an excellent communicator, with a strong work ethic and strong leadership skills, we want to talk to you. Excellent comp, benefits, equity and relo package available.
- 14 years' experience; preferably in Mechanical , utilizing strong general knowledge of overall Mech. technology, systems, and applicability to the industry.
- Experience in related products (, airframes, propulsion, engines) is preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in leading an organization of 100+ people; preferably in a matrix organization.
- Experience in financial planning and budgeting, as well as experience assessing and managing risk.
- Experience working with all levels of management including the leadership team, business area managers/executives within the corporation, as well as with senior customer personnel.
- Willing to relocate to Southwestern US (relocation package available).