Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Transportation / Environmental Planner to join our rapidly growing transportation practice in Cambridge / Burlington / London, Ontario.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Transportation and Environmental practitioners have a proven track record of developing innovative solutions that address the long-term needs of our clients. Our client base includes federal, state, provincial and municipal governments; ADM, PPP and Design-Build entities; airports; railroads and transit agencies; ports; mining, oil and gas exploration; energy providers; and private industry. We provide a comprehensive range of transportation services from planning and environmental studies to preliminary and final design, construction administration and operations and rehabilitation.
- Coordinate and lead any elements of Transportation related Environmental Assessments that may be associated with the above noted process delivery and / or support / coordinate with other Amec Foster Wheeler project delivery teams
- Coordinate and lead the delivery of Environmental Assessments under the Ontario Class EA for Transportation projects, Class EA for Municipal Infrastructure Projects and the Transit Project Assessment Process; (TPAP)
- Coordinate consultation and stakeholder engagement with appropriate engineering, planning and other technical staff to support effective and compliant process delivery
- Cooperatively coordinate with internal and external technical discipline leads and technical staff, for the execution of technical studies and preparation of documentation that may be required to support the environmental assessment process, specifically for transportation related projects and project delivery through Planning & Design, Construction and Operations & Maintenance phases of projects as applicable.
- Participate in project meetings and stakeholder engagement meetings / sessions across Ontario and Canada. International travel may also be required from time to time.
- Manage, coach and mentor junior planning staff that will support professional development and participate in their Professional Development and formal annual review process.
- Undertake business development to expand current backlog with specific focus on increasing market footprint in southwest Ontario.
- Lead and / or assist in proposal preparation and business development activities, including taking an environmental lead role in the delivery of EOI and RFP submittals for PPP (Private-Public Partnership) and DB (Design Build) projects.
- Other duties as assigned to you from time to time.