Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle’s Transportation Business Line is currently seeking a Transportation Engineers-all levels. This position located in Columbus, OH and Crystal City, VA.
The Mid-Level Transportation Engineer will lead transportation engineering, research, policy, planning, operations, and management projects at the Federal, State & Local, and regional levels. Responsible for leading projects to improve the efficiency and safety of traffic and transportation system management and operations. The Transportation Engineer will serve as a technical resource to Federal, State, and Local clients supporting research and innovation in areas of traffic operations; system design; and transportation system management improvements. Person will be responsible for providing support across wide array of program areas including, but not limited to: work zone management; road weather management; traffic incident management; congestion management; connected vehicles; and operations. This position requires extensive knowledge of transportation engineering principles and research and development. The candidate is expected to work on a full-time basis and report to the main office location in Columbus, OH and Crystal City, VA.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of professional experience-please review website for each specific role
- Demonstrated understanding of surface transportation operation, policy, safety, and/or planning topics
- Experience conducting/supporting transportation projects for US DOT, TRB, and/or other public sector transportation agencies
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and solving complex transportation problems
- Demonstrated research and analytical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated analytical abilities
- Capable of traveling up to 10% domestic
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or other relevant fields
- Experience developing and mentoring staff
- Experience projecting staff workload
- Experience with marketing, proposal prep, fee preparations, negotiations, and contracts
- Government consulting experience
- Program and project management including knowledge and adherence to PMBOK guidelines
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers