- Ability to analyze and accurately evaluate candidate submitted documents against established requirements for all levels of certification.
- Ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with customers and all other stakeholders in a variety of situations.
- Excellent command and professional application of the English language and applicable industrial idioms in verbal and written communications.
- Organizational skills to accurately and efficiently process customers’ files and then communicate clearly and professionally any deficiencies noted and the processes to follow in their resolution.
- Production-oriented approach to independent and collaborative assignments employing goal setting, time management, status tracking, and teambuilding skills to attain organizational objectives in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to skillfully engage in industry networking activities and perform public speaking assignments.
- Capability to manage concurrent processes and projects to meet established deadlines.
- Ability and availability to travel as necessary to participate in industry events, make presentations, and perform other networking functions.
Demonstrating competencies previously provided and employing applicable established Standard Operating Procedures to:
- Consistently and precisely analyze and evaluate Level I, II, III, and IV certification candidates’ work experience documents and credentials against established certification criteria, NICET policies, Code of Ethics, and internal guidelines exercising sound judgement to determine appropriate action.
- Work independently and with team members to accomplish established work plans, production targets and goals.
- Professionally respond to and assist customers by providing individualized expert subfield specific technical direction in the resolution of work experience evaluation and other certification matters.
- Routinely and competently satisfy customer needs regarding various certification status queries and issues using electronic and telephonic mediums.
- Provide guidance to customers and potential stakeholders on the use of NICET certification programs.
- Prepare and deliver professional presentations to stakeholder groups as appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate records of customer interactions, queries, and candidate documentation and certification activities.
- Implement quality control measures and maintain accurate activity/productivity reports as required.
- Assist with the development of new and maintenance of existing evaluation services department processes, forms, and procedures.
- Participate as appropriate with the program development and maintenance SME committees to assess the viability of recommended program work experience and certification requirements.
- Promote NICET’s image and programs through the effective provision of superior customer service.
- Assist other departments and perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology or other STEM-related specialty, and a minimum of ten years of experience working in the engineering sector in a technical position(s), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with technical writing, and the preparation and delivery of technical presentations.
Experience with industry associations and professional societies, including participation in committee and networking activities highly desirable.
Experience with technical/professional credentialing or licensing is desirable.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with data management programs is essential.