Duke Realty, one of the largest commercial real estate companies in the United States with industrial, office and medical office properties in 20 major U.S. cities, has an opportunity for a Site Design Professional to join our construction team in our Irvine, CA office. Candidates must be attracted to a fast paced environment where responsiveness and customer service are highly valued. A predisposition towards teamwork and personal responsibility will be critical to a candidate’s success. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Land Acquisition - Manage the due diligence process, coordinating both internal and external resources. Schedule and run periodic progress meetings to review the process. Prepare Due Diligence Report to identify and summarize issues and risks discovered during the process. Acquire and review, at a minimum, the following information: governing agency requirements; required municipal approvals; environmental conditions and situations; utility service availability and cost; geotechnical investigations; natural and cultural resource impacts; traffic impacts, roadway improvements, and Right-of-Way issues; mass grading and significant site issue evaluations. Incorporate this information to prepare master plan alternatives and develop infrastructure budgets.
• Dispositions – Provide pertinent due diligence information for distribution to potential buyer(s). Coordinate new ALTA survey with Legal Department. Coordinate and review any necessary environmental investigations (or other issues as needed).
• Proposal (RFP) Responses & Site Feasibility/Layout – Assist Pre-Construction Services with developing site plan alternatives to respond to RFPs. Duke owned land – The DS Manager will analyze the proposed building location, coverage, parking, landscaping, access, etc. to determine how they may vary from the original master plan. Analyze proposals for impacts to land/infrastructure/basis data and advise BUH as to impacts. // Owner Identified land – The DS Manager will provide appropriate level of analysis of the land.
• Building Acquisition / Disposition – Assist acquisition/disposition team, as necessary, with site related issues, including: Land Title Survey coordination and review; site development or zoning issues review (if any); environmental consultant coordination.
• Acreage and Land Basis Management – Track and update available vs. developed acreage and proposed building coverage as development occurs. Track ongoing infrastructure expenditures in relation to the budget most recently approved by the IC. Review proposed master plan changes for impacts to the approved infrastructure scope and budget. Coordinate with Controller to update the Land Basis Schedule for changes to the infrastructure budget and/or the acreage.
• Governmental/Utility Liaison -Develop and maintain relationships with state and local agencies that govern land use, zoning, transportation, etc. Develop and maintain relationships with utility companies associated with company property. Manage and serve as the primary point of contact for necessary and required approvals. (land use and zoning, wetlands, floodplain, environmental, etc.) Coordinate submittal documents, meetings, consultant and attorney participation, etc.
• Consultants - Develop and manage a “pool” of compatible site/civil, surveyors, geotechnical, environmental, and other necessary consultants. Responsible for extending RFPs to consultants, as well as, reviewing proposals and selecting/contracting with consultants. Review and approve pay requests and insurance documentation for consultants.
• Participate in Site Planning and CAD Services
• May perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
We offer a competitive salary with bonus opportunity as well as comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) and a wellness program. Please apply on line at http://www.dukerealty.com/careers
Duke Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. “Building the Best” www.dukerealty.com