Every day, Environmental Engineers play a critical role in supporting the mission of POET. This position provides technical expertise to designers, construction project managers and plant staff in the areas of air, water, and overall environmental compliance to ensure projects will be successful. This will include compliance elements such as obtaining permits, wetland evaluations, estimating material and labor costs to support projects, and working with outside vendors on similar tasks. Proactive communication, detail orientation and high organization skills are critical in this role to ensure the success of our projects. Be part of the POET team that is growing the biofuels industry to improve the world we share.
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related Engineering or Science area such as Environmental, Agricultural and Biosystems, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or equivalent, required.
• 4 or more years of overall experience with 3 or more years of experience in a related industry, including a working knowledge of the Clean Air Act.
• Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering examination preferred.
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as the ability to adapt to change.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.