invites applications for the position of:
Contracts Compliance Administrator
SALARY: $3,987.15 - $4,758.42 Biweekly
$8,638.83 - $10,309.92 Monthly
$103,666.00 - $123,719.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 03/16/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/06/18 11:59 PM
Under general supervision; reviews contracts and agreements with public entities, contractors, and vendors doing business with the District, and recommends appropriate actions and revisions to ensure proper contract compliance and uphold the District's interests.
• Reviews and oversees all contracts compliance activities and processes for the District. Administers and reviews the District's contract compliance programs, policies, procedures, and systems.
• Develops strategies, techniques, and criteria for contract compliance, and establishes new methodologies to monitor and achieve contract administration goals and objectives within a contract compliance perspective. Advises the District in regard to Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE) and Small Local Business Enterprises (SLBE) program validity and effectiveness.
• Develops and monitors comprehensive programs to provide equal opportunities for DBE and SLBE participation in District's contracts; and facilitates DBE participation through outreach, communication, training, and business development.
• Oversees contract related development and implementation activities and processes with external parties, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and District staff.
• Validates certification of new contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.
• Reviews contracts and agreements for the District to ensure that all legal and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) requirements and District interests are upheld.
• Reviews contract specifications,; Invitations for Bids as well as Requests for Quotations, Requests for Qualifications, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, purchase orders and all contract amendment. Evaluates procurement processes, methodology, and solicitation documents.. Evaluates DBE and SBE participation.
• Approves evaluation criteria to determine contract, contractor, and vendor selection.
• Provides guidance as requested in connection with contract or solicitation protests.
• Conducts and/or leads pre-start-up meetings to ensure all contractors, subcontractors, and vendors are aware of, and familiar with all contract requirements and stipulations.
• Ensures that all documentation conforms to the policies, practices, goals, and objectives of the Department of Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program.
• Reviews and approves contract content and language for administration, , and payment requirements. Evaluates and affirms contract revisions, terminations, and close-outs.
• Prepares and reviews the contract compliance budget, submits recommendations, and monitors expenditures.
• Monitor third party contracts for adherence to federal and state prevailing wage requirements (Davis Bacon Act) on construction (non-professional services) contracting activities.
• Oversees and conducts on-site inspections and compliance reviews of contractor projects to ensure compliance with contract requirements and specifications.
• Prepares and composes reports and correspondence of contract non-compliance to contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.
• Acts as the District liaison with federal, state, and local government agencies regarding the District's short and long-term contract compliance interests. Recommends changes to District policies and practices to improve conformance.
• Prepare report and present District's DBE activities to the Board of Directors.
• May provide training, instruction, and performance feedback to department staff.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Education/Training: Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in business or public administration, purchasing, economics, or a closely related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of increasingly responsible experience performing advanced level contract compliance activities, including contract negotiation, development, and administration.
Physical Requirements: Must maintain the physical condition necessary to: (1) perform tasks in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; and (2) possess physical mobility in order to attend meetings in various District facilities, and other public and private locations, as necessary.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BY AFSCME
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job-related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records. Finalists will be placed on an Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy, selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, may be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug-Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call Human Resources at (510) 891-4783.
The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1192669
Equal Opportunity Employer