The Director of Operations is accountable for the performance of manufacturing & production, distribution, receiving, and purchasing. The Director of Operations will cultivate a culture of continuous improvement to comply with organizational goals. The Director of Operations will be responsible for meeting the rapidly growing demand for the company’s products through process and capacity improvements. The Director of Operations contributes to the development of company strategy and leads the execution of operations strategy for EMI Porta.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Lead day-to-day operations to meet service level, product quality, and cost savings goals. (25%)
2. Recruit and develop operations team to deliver strong results against key performance indicators and lead team-driven continuous improvement. (25%)
3. Partner with executive team to set company strategies, budget, and project prioritization. (15%)
4. Implement and manage a quality and process control system. (15%)
5. Serve as champion for operations initiatives on the internal IT steering committee. (10%)
6. Implement performance metrics program to track and drive performance and improvement. (10%)
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree. MBA preferred.
• Lean certification and Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
• 10+ years of progressive operations leadership and financial responsibilities in a manufacturing/assembly environment
• Proven success implementing and practicing Lean methodologies.
• Strong experience in using and implementing ERP. Expert use of internet and web-based systems, Microsoft Office business suite, and email systems.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to prepare and present forecasts and financial models.
• Ability to read, write, interpret and speak the English language.
• Ability to work with little to no supervision.
• Ability to organize and prioritize projects, duties and responsibilities.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to express oneself in a clear, concise and professional manner in conversations and interactions with others and in written communications.
• Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate actions.
• Ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships both inside and outside the organization.