Utility Engineer (Electric, PE) – Design Build Group
WEST VALLEY CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, has an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer for Utility work (familiar with PG&E electric design) in the Engineering Department located in Sacramento.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Support underground infrastructure construction projects delivered by design-bid-build and EPC processes
· Utility electric system engineering
· Preparation of engineering drawings to represent as-builts and/or proposed electric utility infrastructure
· Prepare drawings, forms, maps and lists based on direction provided by lead drafters, designers and engineers
· Developing estimates utilizing industry-standard software
· Create Bills of Materials (BOM) and identify components on drawings
· Provide quality control of drawings and other documentation created by the Design Division
· Understand local, customer and national codes as required, i.e. NEC Code, PG&E documents including the Electric Design Manual, Greenbook, and others found in the Technical Information Library, City and County Codes
· Working with WV project managers and customers
· Documentation and report writing
This is a highly successful underground construction company that has enjoyed continued growth in its 60-year history. Known for doing work right and its high ethical standards, the Company continues to look for the most competent and committed individuals to join its engineering team. The Company has 9 locations throughout California and offers opportunities for professional growth as well as ownership in the Company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan as well as an outstanding stock purchase program.
The qualified candidate will have a California license as an electrical engineer with 5 years’ experience, preferably in underground electrical construction.