The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of projects including business development, proposal preparation and pricing, contract administration, project execution, project cost control, client service, and management of a team.
What We Do
Burns Engineering, Inc. provides professional engineering design and project management services for transportation, facilities, and infrastructure projects. We help our clients attain their strategic goals and initiatives through successful large-scale infrastructure projects. Burns Engineering is a full-service capabilities include mechanical, electrical, civil, structural, transportation, and energy consulting engineering.
We currently partner with clients in the Aviation, Energy & Utilities, Facilities & Infrastructure, and Railroad & Transit industries. We have offices in New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Orlando, FL, St. Louis, MO, and Los Angeles, CA.
We are continually looking for talented people to join our growing team as Project Managers.
• Identify and develop plan to obtain follow-on work with existing clients • Develop new clients • Prepare proposals under the direction of the Group Leader • Develop proposal schedules • Develops scope of services, staffing and pricing • Include Burns Terms and Conditions • Meet annual sales goal
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Address feedback from Client Satisfaction Survey • Know your client through routine communication and regular visits • Establish 5 key clients that are in Acquaintance phase, develop and implement plan to achieve professional peer status • Continuously confirm client requirements for project • Know the industry you are servicing by participating in technical society meetings, conferences and other industry- related activities
• Responsible for reaching annual sales and revenue goals • Ensure revenue write-downs for the Group are no more than 3% of net revenue • Provide accounting with guidance re invoice preparation and ensure invoices are prepared by 10th working day of the month • Ensure accounts receivable are collected • Approve time sheets and expense reports weekly • Ensure written authorization has been received before starting work • Responsible for achieving the multiplier on projects managed and sales weighting on project managed goals
• Ensure all departmental personnel adhere to the requirements of the company QA/QC policies and procedures • Maintain a write-down percentage of 3% or less • Develop project plans to mitigate risks • Ensure that all design documents, reports, proposals, inspections and information required to serve the client are properly prepared and reported • Ensure client schedules are met • Ensure cost control procedures are in place and being followed • Ensure that project closeout procedures are followed • Hold routine project meetings to review schedule, deliverables and budget • Identify, request and receive authorization for scope changes before work is executed
TEAM MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
• Day-to-day management of a team • Actively participate in recruiting technical staff • Motivate personnel to perform at high levels of performance • Provide mentoring opportunities for direct reports • Oversee performance and salary reviews for direct reports • Ensure employees are adequately trained and supervised • Provide opportunities for professional development for direct reports • Effectively delegate and manage work load • Hold all employees accountable to the same standard of performance and take corrective action when necessary
Why Join The Burns Team
Recently voted a Top Workplace by philly.com, we credit our strength as an organization to our talented, driven, vibrant team. Burns is an ENR Top 500 Firm, and has been named an MEP Giant by Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine, as well as a Hot Firm by Zweig. We are industry experts, proven leaders, innovative thinkers, and team players. We put our clients' successes and best interests first, because their success is our success. We have fun at work because we love making a difference in the world. We are looking for high-energy, bright, collaborative individuals who want the opportunity to "write their own story" with us.
Applying To Burns
As a member of our team, you will enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package. Interested, qualified candidates must apply on the Burns’ career site at www.burns-group.com to be considered for a specific opportunity. Individuals needing assistance to apply for an open opportunity should contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Burns Engineering, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Burns believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
• Bachelor's (B.S.) Engineering degree from an accredited University or college at least eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. • Must be a registered technical professional in one of the major technical disciplines practiced by the firm. • Valid Driver’s License may be required.