Supervise, plan, design and coordinate the delivery of the transportation street design program. Managing the design of transportation related capital improvement projects from preliminary design through environmental documentation and right of way phase and final plans, specifications and estimates (PS&E). Deliver construction ready projects. Supervise in-house design staff for preparation of plan sets, specifications for construction and detailed cost estimates. Select and manage project consultant. Coordinate projects with city departments, outside organizations, and with funding and regulatory agencies.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or a related field.
• Five years (5) of increasingly responsible professional civil engineering experience, including at least two years of lead supervisory and project management responsibility. Experience in civil, transportation, water and sewer, stormwater, signal and lighting, and/or pavement design preferred.
• Familiarity with GIS, AutoCAD with Civil 3D design software, and HydroCAD software.
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
• Certificate of registration as a professional civil engineering in the state of Washington (or ability to obtain through reciprocity