Research track maintenance requirements Develop best practice methods for track maintenance Apply existing technologies to track maintenance requirements Assist engineering to design machinery able to perform required track maintenance requirements Analyze track measuring data to determine maintenance requirements Analyze track measuring data to determine root causes for track degradation Represent PAC at conferences Link to Universities Write scientific research papers Conduct internal and external training regarding track infrastructure and applied technologies Scientific counterpart for customer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(The knowledge, skills and attributes required for satisfactory job performance)
Skills: Incumbent must demonstrate or participate in internal/external training programs to obtain the following skills:
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
· Must possess a valid passport.
Frequent travel throughout the United States and Canada is required and occasional travel worldwide may be required.
· Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
· Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Must have a valid driver license and a good driving record.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
· On-track safety training is required.
Required Level of proficiency Preferred Level of proficiency
Autocad 3 5
MS Word 5 5
MS Outlook 4 5
MS EXCEL 4 5
MS PowerPoint 5 5
MS VISIO 3 5 MATLAB 5 5
Plasser American Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Plasser American Corporation may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Plasser American Corporation is a Drug-Free Workplace.
Contact email: email@example.com
Master’s degree or PhD in railroad related civil engineering, preferably with a minor in mechanical engineering.
Knowledge: Incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
Track infrastructure Track maintenance Railroad construction Mechanical engineering