Responsible for the inspection and testing of various electromechanical components using high precision metrology equipment including programming and operating a Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) and standard metrology tools as well as data collection systems.
· Direct experience with automated CMM machine programming and operation, preferably using PC-DMIS software, along with a strong understanding of GD&T and inspection technics.
· Associates degree in engineering or related technical field and / or 3 years progressive experience related to precision manufacturing and inspection preferred.
· Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of windows based programs, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Ability to use inspection report generation program (inspection X-pert, Solid works Inspection or similar)
· Ability to use advanced measuring techniques to measure parts with intricate three dimensional characteristics, prismatic or non-prismatic.
· Good math skills (college math) including understanding of geometry principles and statistics as it applies to metrology.
· Experience dealing with tight tolerance parts (down to 0.0001 inch) on CMM and with manual tools.
· Must be able to read and interpret complex blue prints and communicate clearly and effectively in technical language with both internal and external customers.
· Strong organization and prioritization skills.