ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of the Trojan Quality Team, this is intended to be a senior level position with responsibilities of: leading, coordinating, developing and implementing effective process, product, and component control plans. Utilize advanced 6 Sigma tools such as: Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA), Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), and other statistical techniques to analyze, understand, and reduce process variation. In addition, they will oversee plant specific Quality Assurance technicians and coordinate day to day tasks.
· Responsible for the development of product and process quality plans, including control plans, procedures, inspection plans, and other quality documentation.
· Facilitate total quality management tools and approaches to other company departments for analytical and reporting processes within respective department.
· Supervise/ facilitate three (3) QA Technicians engaged in quality auditing activities to ensure continuous control over materials/ products/ processes, as well as conformance to business processes affecting quality.
· Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
· Lead and/or support process improvement activities/teams.
· Work directly with suppliers to ensure quality of all purchased parts for company use.
· Design, conduct, and implement required quality training programs to key personnel.
· Write, implement, and follow quality system standards, policies, and procedures.
· Lead/ support engineering efforts of analytical laboratory equipment, and assist in validations of manufacturing equipment, and processes.
· Drive process improvement and problem solving thru 6 Sigma principals
· Root Cause and Corrective Action principals (RCCA)
· Developing Sampling Plans for production, qualification, and validation of products/processes
PERKS and BENEFITS
· A variety of Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
· Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
· 401(k)/401k Roth
· Disability Income – specific locations and/or classification
· Group Legal Services
· Corporate 529 College Savings Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Credit Union Membership
· Blue Heart Campaign- An awareness raising initiative to fight human trafficking and its impact on society
· A variety of Employee Discounts
· Employee Wellness Programs
· Volunteer and Company Sponsored Philanthropy Trips
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline and/or a science discipline preferred.
· Minimum of 7 years of related professional Engineering experience, of which 3 years are in a Quality Engineering role, within a high volume product manufacturing environment required.
· Two to three years related experience in high volume product manufacturing required.
· Supervisory experience (direct/ indirect) in manufacturing operations preferred.
· Possess the technical training and experienced to assist in technical improvements to the process
· 6 Sigma skills (Black Belt certified or willing to be certified within one year)
· Lean Principals experience
· Experience with Cost of Quality (COQ) system implementation preferred
· Management Quality Systems experience (MQS) (e.g., ISO 9000, QS 9000, etc.)
· Ability to interpret drawings and first article inspection results.
· Must be outgoing in personality with strong relationship skills for customers, colleagues, and senior management personnel.
· Experience with ERP systems is preferred.
· Must be very comfortable with Microsoft Office Applications; MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, Access or equivalent, and Minitab.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
· Sampling Schemes
· Battery Technology a plus
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or our Recruiter Dana Fortuna (562) 236-3113 DFortuna@TrojanBattery.com
If you are interested in this position please submit your resume via our Trojan Battery Company careers site: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TBC2&cws=37&rid=671